Duke Ellington Live at Tivoli Gardens: Parts 1 & 2
|You Save:||$2.50 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 11, 2003
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Recorded in 1971, this collection of two Duke Ellington concerts shows the master jazzman in his prime. Much imitated, but never bettered, Duke and his Orchestra work their way through a variety of material, including "Take The 'A' train," "I Got It Bad," "All Too Soon," "Cotton Tail," and more.
Description by Image Entertainment:
During 1925-74, Duke Ellington led a pacesetting orchestra full of unique individuals who came together to play the leader's innovative music. Although many of Ellington's songs became standards, no other orchestra sounded like his. Dating from 1971, these two concert performances feature the Duke Ellington Orchestra still in prime form, alternating such old favorites as "Take The 'A' Train," "Rockin' In Rhythm" and a hits medley with newer material. At 72, Ellington proves to still be a masterful pianist and a genial host to an enthusiastic European audience. The 1971 Duke Ellington big band features such classic players as trumpeter Cootie Williams, clarinetist Russell Procope, baritonist Harry Carney and Paul Gonsalves, Harold Ashby and Norris Turney on tenors. In addition, the legendary tenor Ben Webster, one of the stars of Duke's orchestra in the early 1940s, sits in with the orchestra and is showcased on "Cotton Tail," "All Too Soon" and "I Got It Bad." As strong as the soloists are, Duke Ellington is never overshadowed and he is very much seen and heard in prime form. These timeless performances not only give today's viewers a good idea what it was like to see Ellington live in concert during this era but how it must have felt to be on stage playing his music.
Jazz | Jazz Legends | Jazz Musicians | Live Concerts | Live Performances | Music (General) | Music Video
Mary Lou WilliamsNorman Granz' Jazz in Montreux - Mary Lou Williams '78
$6.95 on SALE
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Attack of the 30's Characters - Cartoon Classics from All Eight Major American Animation Studios (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Charlie Chan Triple Feature: The Secret Service / The Chinese Cat / The Jade Mask (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE