- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 1 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 14, 2001
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
The dancers of the Lyon National Opera Ballet perform choreographer Maguy Marin's enigmatic, urban interpretation of Leo Delibes' rustic ballet. The story of a man's obsessive love for a beautiful woman who is actually a mechanical doll, COPPELIA is a striking interpretation of a classic myth.
Description by Image Entertainment:
The story of Coppelia explores a young man's passion for a beautiful girl who turns out to be a mechanical doll, exploring a popular mythological theme of creating a being who is more perfect and tantalizing than any human counterpart. From start to finish, Maguy Marin's "Coppelia" is a hugely entertaining and constantly surprising piece of dance theater. Marin transposes the piece from its original rustic setting to a modern, run-down urban environment and adds an edgy new twist to the story. Music by Leo Delibes.
Classical Music |