Anything Goes Anything Goes / O.L.C.
|You Save:||$2.70 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
by Soundtrack ~ Anything Goes [New Broadway Cast Recording] ~ $17.08
by Various Artists ~ Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Original London Cast Recording $13.07
by Various Artists / Stephen Sondheim ~ Passion - 2013 New York Cast (2-CD) $18.02
- Released: December 23, 2003
- Label: First Night Records
- 2.I Get a Kick Out of You - Sally Ann Triplett
- 3.There's No Cure Like Travel - Paul Grunert, Chorus
- 4.Bon Voyage
- 5.There's No Cure Like Travel (Reprise) - Robin Soans
- 6.You're the Top - John Barrowman, Sally Ann Triplett
- 7.Easy to Love - John Barrowman, Mary Stockley
- 8.Easy to Love (Reprise) - Mary Stockley
- 9.Crew Song - Denis Quilley
- 10.There'll Always Be a Lady Fair - Tom Espiner, Richard Henders, Tam Mutu, Corey Skaggs
- 11.Friendship - Martin Marquez, Sally Ann Triplett
- 12.It's De - Lovely - John Barrowman, Mary Stockley
- 13.Anything Goes - Sally Ann Triplett, Chorus
- 15.Public Enemy Number One - Paul Grunert, Robin Soans, Chorus
- 16.Blow, Gabriel, Blow - Sally Ann Triplett, Chorus
- 17.Goodbye, Little Dream, Goodbye - Mary Stockley
- 18.Be Like the Bluebird - Martin Marquez
- 19.All Through the Night - John Barrowman, Tom Espiner, Richard Henders, Tam Mutu, Corey Skaggs, Mary Stockley
- 20.Gypsy in Me - Simon Day
- 21.Buddie, Beware - Annette McLaughlin
- 22.I Get a Kick Out of You (Finale) - Company
- 23.Anything Goes (Bows) - Company
Composer: Patsy Rodenburg.
Personnel: Graeme Taylor (guitar, banjo); John Francis (violin); John Franchi, Jay Craig, Jamie Talbot, Howard McGill (reeds); Andrew Gathercole, Lance Kelly, Mark White, Stuart Brooks, Derek Watkins (trumpet); Pete Beachill, Michael Feltham, Gordon Campbell, Patrick Hartley, Adrian Hallowell (trombone); James Dunsmore (piano); Irving Townsend (keyboards); Rutledge Turnlund (double bass); Allan Cox (drums); Corrina Silvester (percussion); Stuart Andrews (keyboard programming).
Liner Note Author: Robert Cushman Hayes.
Directors: James Dunsmore; Trevor Nunn.
Photographers: Catherine Ashmore; Tristram Kenton.
Arranger: Michael Gibson .
Cole Porter's 1934 Broadway musical Anything Goes underwent extensive revision for a 1987 Broadway revival that has become the standard text ever since. Timothy Crouse and John Weidman rewrote the script; the song list was altered to remove minor tunes and add Porter evergreens from other works ("Easy to Love," "It's De-Lovely," "Friendship"); and Michael Gibson wrote a new set of orchestrations. The show was a hit all over again in both New York and London (1989), with cast albums reflecting the changes. There was even a British studio cast album in 1995 that provided another reading. Now, the revival has been revived for a West End production that opened at the National Theatre's Olivier Theatre on December 18, 2002. So, with this cast album (billed as being the 2003 London cast recording, perhaps because it wasn't recorded until seven months after the opening), the 1987 version of Anything Goes has now had four recordings. This one manages to add 12 minutes to the running time that the 1987 Broadway and 1989 London albums had, mostly by including instrumental sections arranged by Gareth Valentine, plus some dialogue. But the main distinction among the different versions really lies in the casting. Here, Sally Ann Triplett steps into the role of Reno Sweeney, "an evangelist turned nightclub singer," a part created by Ethel Merman. She sings well, despite some difficulties with her American accent, which is typical of British performers. (The same can be said for the rest of the cast.) However, the secondary characters played by John Barrowman, Mary Stockley, Martin Marquez, and Annette McLaughlin fare better in their vocal interpretations. ~ William Ruhlmann
La La Land (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD)
$9.71 Super Savings
the Music from "The Good Bad and the Ugly" & "A Fistful of... (CD)(45)
$6.14 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!