- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 15, 1998
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Copy Protection
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 03/30/1991
"...Unexpectedly entertaining....Concocted with comic imagination..."
The night before a warlock is to be hanged and burned in 17th century Puritan Boston, he is thrown through time, 300 years into the future, to Los Angeles, California. His task: to destroy creation by putting together three sections of the Devil's Book (Grand Grimoire), which will ultimately reveal God's true name. However, the warlock's accuser from 1691 has followed him through time and will stop at nothing to destroy him once and for all.
Demonic Possession |
Psychic Forces |
Theatrical Release |
Time Travel |
Witches And Wizards
- Color by DeLuxe, Technicolor prints; shot with Panavision equipment.
- Additional cast: Richard Kuss (Mennonite), Anna Levine (Pastor's Wife), and David Carpenter (Pastor).
- Additional credits: Ken Hall (music editor), Cinema Research Corporation (titles).
- Standins: Chuck Simmers and Wendy Feiner.
- Shown at the Cannes Film Festival Market May 9, 1989.
- Copyright 1988 New World Entertainment and 1991 Vidmark Entertainment.
- International licensing services by Inter-Ocean Film Services, Ltd.