- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: December 16, 2003
- Originally Released: 1936
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Investigator Ray Mala journeys to Clipper Island to determine whether destruction of an airline's island base was caused by a passenger, just arrived, or the local high priest who is inciting the natives to riot. Contains 14 chapters.
Description by Image Entertainment:
Shot in exotic locations, this big-budget, 14-part serial follows the adventures of government agent Mala, who investigates a disastrous dirigible crash in the Pacific. Spies, an erupting volcano, hostile natives, an evil priest, and the beautiful Princess Melani await him (and animal stars Buck and Rex) await him as he explores the exciting mysteries of Clipper Island!
When an American blimp mysteriously crashes in the Pacific, the FBI suspects sabotage and dispatches a Polynesian agent, named Mala, to investigate. Life on Clipper Island proves to be rife with danger and intrigue for young Mala, as he has to face down the unfriendly natives in addition to dodging the operatives of a world-wide spy ring. Don't miss this adventure-packed serial from Republic Pictures!
Animal Heroes |
- The actor Mala is actually an Eskimo, not Polynesian.
- Originally released by Republic Pictures as a 14 part serial; each episode is approximately twenty minutes long.
- The cast also prominently features two animals: Rex (the horse) and Buck (the dog).