- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 22, 2003
- Originally Released: 1983
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Fine television drama about a Vatican priest who helped allied P.O.W.'s escape from Nazi-occupied Rome. The priest, monsignor Hugh O'Flaherty, risked his life to help those in desperate need. Based on a real-life story.
Based on J. P. Gallagher's book "The Scarlet Pimpernel of the Vatican," this adventure film tells the story of a real-life hero. Monsignor Hugh O'Flaherty challenged Nazi officers and his Vatican superiors to save the lives of Jews during World War II. With German soldiers controlling Rome, O'Flaherty made a determined effort to hide and shuttle to safety as many Jewish people in the city as possible. But his task wasn't easy because a villainous German colonel suspected just what the priest was up to.
Prison / Prisoners
- Co-produced by Bill McCutchen Prods.
- Shot on location in Rome.
- Originally aired on the CBS Television Network February 6, 1983.
- Copyright 1983 ITC Productions.