- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 24 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 25, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Closed Captioned - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Extended Scenes
- Deleted Scenes
- Production Interviews: Cast
- Audio Commentary: David LaChapelle - Director
- Music Video: K.R.U.M.P. - Daisy
- Bonus Footage: New Krump Session
- Filmmaking Insight with Director and Director of Photography
- Dance Moves by Dancers
- New Krump Session
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 06/24/2005
"There isn't a limb or a muscle group that isn't in full frenzy; it's dancing as cathartic seizure..."
New York Times - 06/24/2005
"[T]he stories and personalities that do emerge are touching and intriguing."
Los Angeles Times - 06/24/2005
"The spontaneity and energy with which the clowns and krumpers perform is breathtaking..."
USA Today - 06/24/2005
"LaChapelle reveals the captivating qualities of gritty street dancing, and his film is a touching story of hope, vitality and art rising from the bleakest conditions."
Rolling Stone - 11/03/2005
3 stars out of 5 -- "[It's] astonishing to see the furiously kinetic real-time steps in David LaChapelle's brilliant documentary on the street-level dance scene..."
Sight and Sound - 12/01/2005
"[T]he film thrives on the dancers' natural energy and optimism."
Rolling Stone - 12/01/2005
Ranked #18 in Rolling Stone's "Top 25 DVDs Of 2005' -- "[It] explodes with color and vitality on DVD....Eye-popping."
Total Film - 10/01/2006
3 stars out of 5 -- "The surreal style of celebrity snapper-turned-director David LaChapelle is confined to an excellent slo-mo sequence....Otherwise, he's a humble observer of a grass-roots phenomenon."
Los Angeles, California |
- Theatrical Release: June 24, 2005 (Limited)