Gene Krupa Boogie, Ballads And Be-Bop (1945-1949) - Best of The Columbia Years
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
sku: COL 7490
- Compiled by Dan Rivard and John Macek
- Produced by Dan Rivard
- Digital audio restoration by Ken Robertson
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
This compilation features the best of Gene Krupa's recordings made between 1945-1949 for the Columbia label. Vocalists include Carolyn Grey, Buddy Stewart, David Lambert, Frankie Ross and Anita O'Day.
- 1.Vocal by Carolyn Grey & BandGene's Boogie
- 2.Vocal by Buddy StewartI Don't Want To Be Loved
- 3.Leave Us Leap
- 4.Vocal by Carolyn GreyOld Devil Moon
- 5.How High The Moon
- 6.Aren't You Kind Of Glad We Did?
- 7.Gene Krupa Jazz TrioStompin' At The Savoy
- 8.Vocals by David Lambert & Buddy StewartWhat's This?
- 9.I Should Have Kept On Dreaming
- 10.To Be Or Not To Be-Bop (Previously Unreleased)
- 11.Vocal by Buddy StewartAre These Really Mine?
- 12.Vocal by Frankie RossLemon Drop
- 13.Vocal by Carolyn GreyThere Is No Breeze (To Cool The Flame Of Love) (Alternate Take)
- 14.Gene Krupa Jazz TrioLimehouse Blues (Previously Unreleased)
- 15.Vocals by Buddy Stewart & Anita O'DayHarriet (A Western Song)
- 16.It's Up To You
- 17.Vocal by Buddy StewartAlong The Navajo Trail
- 18.Disc Jockey Jump
- 19.Vocal by Buddy StewartChange Your Mind (Previously Unreleased)
- 20.Vocal by Carolyn GreyIt's A Good Day
- 21.Gene Krupa Jazz TrioBody And Soul
- 22.Vocal by Carolyn GreyChicquita Banana
- 23.Lover (Alternate Take)
- 24.Vocals by Anita O'Day & Buddy Stewart(Did You Ever Get) That Feeling In The Moonlight?
- 25.Calling Dr. Gillespie
Personnel includes: Gene Krupa (drums); Carolyn Grey, Dave Lambert, Buddy Stewart, Anita O'Day, Frankie Ross (vocals).
Recorded between 1945 & 1949. Includes liner notes by Al Fichera.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Anita O'Day, Frankie Ross, Buddy Stewart (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Al Fichera.
Swing drummer Gene Krupa recorded these dates between 1945-1949 for Columbia Records. Although Krupa's most memorable playing had already been recorded at this point, mainly with Benny Goodman's band, by no means are these sessions throwaways. Along with ten instrumentals, Gerry Mulligan's "Disc Jockey Jump" is a highlight, as well as the previously unreleased and alternate takes. Several tracks feature the vocals of Buddy Stewart, Caroline Grey, Frankie Ross, and Anita O'Day. While this isn't a first-purchase Krupa disc, Boogie, Ballads and Be-Bop will please both the dedicated collector and casual listener. ~ Al Campbell
Benny GoodmanArrangements By Eddie Sauter / Arrangements By Fletcher... (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Les BrownThe Best of The Rare Les Brown (From The Okeh Vaults) (CD)
$7.49 on SALE
Les BrownLerner & Loewe Bandbook / Richard Rodgers Bandbook (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE