- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 21 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 28, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- DTS 6.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Bonus Footage: Indie Essentials: A Filmmakers' Guide
- Audio Commentary:
- Chris Kentis - Director, Laura Lau - Producer
- Blanchard Ryan, Daniel Travis - Stars
- Deconstructing the Shark Myth: A Shark Conversation
- Calm Before the Storm: Making Open Water
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 08/20/2004
"OPEN WATER becomes a slow and steady descent into pure fear. Kentis has a born filmmaker's instinct for physical detail..."
Movieline's Hollywood Life - 07/01/2004
"The premise is inherently chilling..."
Rolling Stone - 09/02/2004
"Kentis never lets up on the tension. You can feel the water, stretching against an unsheltering sky, seep into your bones....Eighty sweat-job minutes of imaginative, jolting suspense."
USA Today - 09/03/2004
"The intensity never lets up..."
Uncut - 10/01/2004
"The two leads do admirable acting jobs..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 12/24/2004
"[The film] exerts a powerful emotional despair that is way beyond scary."
Theatrical Release |