- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 24, 2001
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Stereo - English
- Stereo - Korean
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Hollywood Reporter - 12/26/2000
"...Ultrastylish....With a provocative soundtrack....NOWHERE also boasts smashing cinematography..."
Sight and Sound - 07/01/2001
"...An accomplished action thriller....[Park] radiates a coiled energy born from years of tough graft and hard knocks -- a performance of soulful intensity..."
Los Angeles Times - 12/22/2000
"...NOWHERE TO HIDE reveals that in Lee Myung-Se Korea has a filmmaker with enough razzle-dazzle and visceral appeal to rival Hong Kong's -- and Hollywood's -- John Woo..."
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release: December 22, 2000 (NY/LA)
- Lee Myung-Se describes the visual style of his film as "chong chung dong," or "stillness within movement.
- Only the recently relaxed censorship in Korea allowed for Lee to make a film with such violently portrayed policemen. Nonetheless, he says the police closely monitored the film while it was being made.
- In addition to writing and directing, Lee was also the film's production designer.
- NOWHERE TO HIDE was featured at the 2000 Sundance Film Festival, and at the Museum of Modern Art/Film Society of Lincoln Center's 2000 New Directors/New Films festival in New York City.