Eurotrash Double Feature: The Long Hair of Death (1964) / Fangs of the Living Dead (1960)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Run Time: 2 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Black & White & Color
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: September 30, 2014
- Originally Released: 1964
- Label: Alpha Video
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Barbara Steele & Anita Ekberg|
|Performer:||George Ardisson, Robert Rains, Laureen Nuyen, Jean Rafferty, John Carey, John Hamilton, Diana Lorys, Guy Robers, Adriana Ambesi, Carlos Casaravilla & Fernando Bilbao|
|Directed by||Antonio Margheriti & Armando De Ossorio|
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Long Hair of Death is the fifth horror film to star legendary scream queen Barbara Steele. Her star-making role was in the classic Black Sunday (1960), directed by Mario Bava. Director Antonio Margheriti (here using the alias Anthony Dawson) was considered second only to Bava as a master of Italian horror for films such as Castle of Blood (1963). Starring Barbara Steele, George Ardisson, Robert Rains, Laureen Nuyen, Jean Rafferty and John Carey. Directed by Antonio Margheriti.
Fangs Of The Living Dead (Color, 1969): Beautiful fashion model Sylvia Morell inherits a castle in Transylvania. Meeting her uncle, Count Walbrooke, she learns of her ancestor Malenka, to whom she bears an uncanny resemblance. Malenka was burned at the stake, but not before turning her family into vampires. Now the Count and his undead followers want Sylvia to share their fate and take Malenka's place as queen of their bloodthirsty clan.
Fangs of the Living Dead is the first horror film directed by Spanish filmmaker Amando de Ossorio, who would become one of the foremost names in the genre. His quartet of 'Blind Dead' films are favorites among devotees of Eurotrash horror. The star of the film, Swedish bombshell Anita Ekberg, is best known for her role in Federico Fellini's La Dolce Vita (1960). Boris Karloff was originally intended to play the Count, but bowed out due to contractual conflicts (he died shortly afterwards.) As a promotional gimmick during the release of Fangs of the Living Dead, the producers offered free psychiatric care to anyone who suffered emotional trauma after viewing the film. Starring Anita Ekberg, John Hamilton, Diana Lorys, Guy Robers, Adriana Ambesi, Carlos Casaravilla and Fernando Bilbao. Directed by Armando De Ossorio.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 3,173
- UPC: 089218748195
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Top ranking titles in the Horror genre:
- Zombiethon (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Night of Medusa (2016) / Slave Girls on the Moon (2014) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Leeches (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Coffin Joe: Embodiment of Evil (Blu-ray + DVD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.