- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 19, 2002
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 10/20/1994
"...The plot twists, the worm turns and the result is prime suspense with a potent sting..."
Sight and Sound - 08/01/1994
"...An intricate and gradual unfolding story of misunderstanding and murder..."
New York Times - 10/26/1994
"...A devilishly entertaining crime story with a heroine who must be seen to be believed....A gripping story and a tight, suspenseful directorial style..."
Entertainment Weekly - 06/30/1995
"...Fiorentino is wonderful as the irredeemable villainess....A genre potboiler of a different kind..." -- Rating: A-
Variety - 02/28/1994
"...Well-paced, cleverly written and quite diabolical....Fiorentino is quite wonderful..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 11/18/1994
"...A movie that is not only ingenious and entertaining, but liberating, because we can sense the story isn't going to be twisted into conformity with some stupid formula..."
Total Film - 04/01/2001
"...John Dahl's direction is as cool and calculating as his femme fatale..."
Total Film - 07/01/2006
4 stars out of 5 -- "[A]n irresistible treat. The plotting is serpentine, the dialogue snaps like a wounded cobra and the gleefully heartless tone never softens for a second."
Ultimate DVD - 07/01/2006
4 stars out of 5 -- "This 1994 thriller plays like a modern noir, fuelled by passion and revenge."
The director of RED ROCK WEST delivers this unusual thriller about a femme fatale who absconds with her husband's drug money. Fiorentino is enchantingly wicked as the cold-blooded beauty who uses men like toys.
Bridget Gregory, a sexy, savvy, hustler swindles husband, Clay, out of $700 grand, which he made from a drug deal, and then runs off to find a new patsy to help cover her tracks -- by murdering Clay.
- Shot in CFI color, using Panavision equipment, on location in Irvington, New York.
- Additional credits: Michael J. Moore (assistant director).
- Copyright 1993 ITC Entertainment Group, Ltd.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.