- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 22, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Music Video
- Featurette: DANCE PIECE (Interviews, Screen tests, and Auditions)
- Diego Luna Interview Intercut with the Film
- Audio Commentary: JoAnn Ansen, Sarah Green - Producers
- Multiangle Dance Sequences (2)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Nobody puts Baby in a corner."
Los Angeles Times - 02/27/2004
"[S]ufficiently original and engaging..."
Box Office - 04/01/2004
"Garai, ardent and argent as always, brings the same lusty sweetness to her character as did Grey."
Entertainment Weekly - 07/23/2004
Katey Miller (Romola Garai) is an 18-year-old girl who is about to have the time of her life, even if she doesn't know it. When her father Bert Miller (John Slattery) is transferred to Havana in 1958, just before Katey's senior year in high school, the whole family relocates to the exotic locale, moving into a luxurious hotel filled with Americans as Cuba teeters on the brink of revolution. Bookish Katey is mesmerized by the raw intensity of the dancing she sees in a public square one afternoon--and by Javier (Diego Luna), a Cuban pool boy that works at her hotel. Soon, Katey and Javier are heating up the dance floor, combining his Latin moves with her formal ballroom training. With some inspiration from the hotel dance instructor, played by none other than the original dirty dancer Patrick Swayze, Katey enters a Latin ballroom dance competition. Based on co-producer and choreographer JoAnn Jansen's own experiences as an American teenager in Cuba, DIRTY DANCING: HAVANA NIGHTS comes to the screen 17 years after the original DIRTY DANCING debuted. This coming-of-age film also features Sela Ward as Katey's mother, and was directed by Guy Ferland (TELLING LIES IN AMERICA).
- Theatrical Release: FEBRUARY 27, 2004