- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 59 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 18, 2001
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case - Sensormatic
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 07/23/2001
"In one of the most accessible versions of HAMLET yet committed to film, Campbell Scott's self-helmed Great Dane is more than ever a man of our time..."
New York Times - 08/17/2001
"...[Scott] conveys a smoldering intelligence softened by a residual tenderness....[Sheridan] is at once magnetic and chilling..."
The classic Shakespeare tale is told by co-directors Eric Simonson and Campbell Scott (BIG NIGHT, SINGLES) who also stars in the title role in this made-for-television version. Eternal themes of youth, power, greed and deceit play up in this story of a confused and unsure Danish Prince who is surprised one night by the ghost of his recently deceased father. Hamlet is surprised by his father's revelation that Hamlet's uncle Polonius killed his own brother for power and money. Hamlet then must realize a plan that will uncover his uncle's guilt and revenge his father's murder. Also starring Blair Brown, Sam Robards and Roscoe Lee Browne.