Lou Stein Trio House Hop / 3, 4 & 5
|You Save:||$11.99 (80% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Epic LG-3101 (1954)
- Original Album #2: Epic LN-3148 (1955)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Jazz pianist Lou Stein performed with Glenn Miller and Charlie Ventura before striking out on his own. "House Hop" features Stein, along with Jimmy Crawford on drums and Milt Hinton on bass. "3, 4 And 5" features recordings by Stein along with trio, quartet and quintet groupings.
- 1.Goody Goody
- 3.Why Do I Love You
- 4.All Of Me
- 6.There'll Be Some Changes Made
- 7.This Can't Be Love
- 9.On The Sunny Side Of The Street
- 10.Mean To Me
- 11.Rose Room
- 13.Lullaby In Rhythm
- 14.Love Walked In
- 15.Jeepers Creepers
- 16.Jim And Andy's
- 17.Gone With The Wind
- 18.Prelude To A Kiss
- 19.There's A Small Hotel
- 20.I Concentrate On You
- 21.Ming Tree
- 22.East Of The Suez
- 23.My Baby Just Cares For Me
2 LPs on 1 CD: HOUSE HOP (1954)/THE LOU STEIN 3, 4 & 5 (1955).
Personnel: Lou Stein (piano); Peanuts Hucko (saxophone); Johnny Barrows, Jimmy Buffington (French horn); Bob Carter (bass); Joe Morella (drums).
Recorded in 1954 & 1955. Originally released on Epic (3101) & Epic (3148).
Personnel: Lou Stein (piano); Peanuts Hucko (saxophone); John Barrows, James Buffington (French horn).
Recording information: 08/20/1954/02/09/1955.
Pianist Lou Stein's numerous jazz credentials included full-time stints with Charlie Ventura and Glenn Miller & the Army Air Force Band, not to mention sporadic featured spots with Coleman Hawkins, Benny Goodman, Lester Young, and Joe Venuti. This Collectables two-fer provides a reminder of Stein's dazzling, yet entertaining jazz chops that were similar to Art Tatum. House Hop is a pleasant set of standards featuring Milt Hinton on bass and Jimmy Crawford on drums. The stronger set is The Lou Stein Three, Four and Five. Not only does it feature Stein's well-known composition "East of the Suez," but it adds additional spice by employing the horns of Peanuts Hucko, Johnny Barrows, and James Buffington. This recommended reissue is an affordable way to acquire these long-out-of-print albums ~ Al Campbell
Al HibblerAl Hibbler Sings The Blues - Monday Every Day (CD)
$8.48 LABOR DAY
Tiny GrimesTiny Grimes And His Rockin' Highlanders, Volume 1 (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 1,927
- UPC: 090431745526
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Jazz Instrument: Bebop Music Categories:
- Jamey Aebersold 500 Miles High (CD) ~ $15.39 LABOR DAY
- Jamey Aebersold Dave Brubeck: In Your Own Sweet Way (CD) ~ $15.39 LABOR DAY
- Jamey Aebersold Fusion (CD) ~ $15.39 LABOR DAY
- Jamey Aebersold It Had To Be You: 24 Standards In Singer's Keys (CD) ~ $18.71 LABOR DAY
- Jamey Aebersold Kenny Werner: Freeplay (CD) ~ $15.39 LABOR DAY
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY