- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 22, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Making Of
- Audio Commentary: Alex Winter - Director
- Production Interviews: Cast & Crew
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 02/02/2001
"...A somber, paranoid thriller....[Features moments] of pure Hitchcockian panic..."
Box Office - 09/01/1999
"...The cast is fine overall, with Henry Thomas giving an edgy, nuanced performance in the central role..."
Mental Illness |
- Theatrical release: February 2, 2001 (Limited).
- Filmed on location in New York City (Brooklyn and Manhattan).
- FEVER was an official selection in the Director's Fortnight at the 1999 Cannes Film Festival.
- For the final confrontation scene, production designer Mark Ricker reconstructed two subway cars, mounted them on 100 car tires 15 feet off the ground, and had crewmembers wield giant metal poles to make the cars move realistically.