Andy Williams Love Theme From "The Godfather" / The Way We Were
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$9.33 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.64 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Columbia KC 31303 (1972)
- Original Album #2: Columbia KC 32949 (1974)
Description by OLDIES.com:
The two albums, originally released by Columbia in the early 1970s, feature Andy William's versions of pop hits of the day such as "MacArthur Park," "Killing Me Softly With Her Song," "Seasons In The Sun," John Denver's "Sunshine On My Shoulders" and a vocal version of the Love Unlimited's disco instrumental, "Love's Theme."
- 1.Love Theme From "The Godfather"
- 2.Precious And Few
- 3.Theme From "Summer Of '42"
- 4.Everything I Own
- 5.Until It's Time For You To Go
- 6.An Old Fashioned.Love Song
- 7.Macarthur Park
- 8.Hurting Each Other
- 9.Music From Across The Way
- 10.Without You
- 12.You're The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- 13.I Won't Last A Day Without You
- 14.Killing Me Softly With Her Song
- 15.Touch Me In The Morning
- 16.Love's Theme
- 17.Sunshine On My Shoulders
- 18.The Way We Were
- 19.The Most Beautiful Girl
- 20.Seasons In The Sun
- 21.If I Could Only Go Back Again
2 LPs on 1 CD: LOVE THEME FROM THE GODFATHER (1972)/THE WAY WE WERE (1974).
Originally released on Columbia.
In its matching up of Andy Williams titles for a two-fer release, Collectables Records has opted to combine Williams' spring 1972 album Love Theme From "The Godfather" with his spring 1974 album The Way We Were, skipping over his fall 1972 album Alone Again (Naturally) and his fall 1973 album Solitaire. (Those two are together on another disc.) The theory may have been that these two both had something to do with the movies while the two in between did not, but in fact all of these albums take the same approach, more or less. That approach is to have Williams present his interpretations of songs from the pop charts of the period. As it happens, these two albums mark significant milestones for the singer, albeit of opposite sorts. Buoyed by the success of the title track, which was Williams' last Top 40 pop hit, Love Theme From "The Godfather" was his last significant seller, his final gold album. The Way We Were, on the other hand, was a commercial disaster, Williams' first LP to miss the Billboard chart entirely since he joined Columbia Records in 1961. (It did manage a few weeks in the Cash Box chart.) This is not to say, however, that one is better than the other; Williams' long-running commercial clout simply ran out in the early '70s as a new generation of pop fans emerged who wanted to hear the Carpenters sing their hit versions of "Hurting Each Other" and "I Won't Last a Day Without You" instead of Williams covering the same songs. Thirty years later, that doesn't matter much, and what listeners are left with are winning renditions of some of the early '70s' biggest hits. ~ William Ruhlmann
Andy WilliamsCall Me Irresponsible / The Great Songs from "My Fair Lady"...
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Andy WilliamsThe Complete Columbia Chart Singles Collection (2-CD)
$33.68 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 20,330
- UPC: 090431744420
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 2 (CD)
$7.22 LABOR DAY
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $22.49 LABOR DAY
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- 101 Strings Orchestra A Portrait Of 'The Lady' (LP) ~ $7.49 LABOR DAY
- 10DB I Second that Emotion / I Second that Emotion (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- 2 Black 2 Strong MMG Burn Baby Burn (LP) ~ $4.99 LABOR DAY
Rock & Pop: Film Composers Music Categories:
- Aaron Zigman The Ugly Truth [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (CD) ~ $17.99
- Bryan Adams / Hans Zimmer Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (Music from the Original Motion Picture) (CD) ~ $9.72 LABOR DAY
- Woody Allen Woody Allen More Movie Music (CD) ~ $7.50 LABOR DAY
- Alvin & the Chipmunks Alvin and the Chipmunks [Original Soundtrack] (CD) ~ $5.38
- Michael Andrews Donnie Darko [Original Motion Picture Score] (CD) ~ $12.87 LABOR DAY