Andy Williams Alone Again / Solitaire
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
- 1.Pieces Of April
- 2.Day By Day
- 3.Where Is The Love
- 4.If I Could Go Back
- 5.I Need You
- 6.Alone Again (Naturally)
- 7.The First Time Ever (I Saw Your Face)
- 8.Song Sung Blue
- 9.Home Lovin' Man
- 10.The Long And Winding Road
- 11.Amazing Grace
- 13.Make It Easy For Me
- 14.You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- 15.Getting Over You
- 17.That Is All
- 18.Walk Right Back
- 19.Last Tango In Paris
- 20.My Love
- 21.The Dreamer
2 LPs on 1 CD: ALONE AGAIN (1972)/SOLITAIRE (1973).
Originally released on Columbia.
Adapter: Al Capps.
Liner Note Author: Richard Erikson.
Recording information: 08/29/1970-??/??/1973.
The titles of Andy Williams' successive LP releases of fall 1972 and fall 1973, Alone Again (Naturally) and Solitaire, may say something about the state of the singer's career when he made them. Cut loose from his long-running TV show and with his record sales plummeting, Williams may have felt a special affinity for Gilbert O'Sullivan's suicidal self-pity in "Alone Again (Naturally)" and Neil Sedaka's declaration that "Now, solitaire's the only game in town." But neither disc was really a thematic collection, and put together on a single CD by Collectables, the two albums for the most part find Williams covering the pop hits of the day, many of which remain well known: "Day by Day" from Godspell, Roberta Flack's "The First Time Ever (I Saw Your Face)," Neil Diamond's "Song Sung Blue," the Beatles' "The Long and Winding Road," Stevie Wonder's "You Are the Sunshine of My Life," and Paul McCartney's "My Love." Williams had begun to tinker with his formula of recording other people's hits on these two albums, and especially on Solitaire (tracks 12-21) there are several songs that are either unknown or lesser known. Some are worth knowing better; in particular, Nicky Hopkins' "The Dreamer," taken from the session pianist's underrated solo album The Tin Man Was a Dreamer, deserves wider recognition. Williams' popularity may have been on the wane in the early '70s, but he was devoting even more time to his records, and that attention shows on these recordings. ~ William Ruhlmann
Andy WilliamsCall Me Irresponsible / The Great Songs from "My Fair Lady"... (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Andy WilliamsDanny Boy / The Wonderful World of Andy Williams (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...(4)
$9.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 3 (CD)(8)
$8.49 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 9,434
- UPC: 090431744321
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Nicky Addeo & The Night Owls Seaside Serenade (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE