Bobby Vinton Live At The Copa / Drive-In Movie Time
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$9.33 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.64 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
- 1.The Sheik Of Araby
- 2.Oh Marie
- 3.If I Ruled The World From The Musical Production "Pickwick"
- 4.Medley: I've Got A Woman / I'm Henry Viii, I Am
- 5.Hits Medley: There! I've Said It Again /Roses Are Red (My Love)/Washington Square / Blue Velvet
- 6.Ya Got Trouble From The Musical Production "The Music Man"
- 7.International Medley: To Ti Daro Di Piu / C'est Si Bon (It's So Good)/Cuando Calienta El Sol / Hupi Schupi / Hava Nagila
- 8.Old Macdonald Medley: Sing Sing Sing / When The Saints Go Marching In / The Girl From Ipanema / At The Darktown Strutters Ball
- 9.Mr. Lonely
- 10.Old Time Medley: If You Knew Susie Like I Know Susie / When My Baby Smiles At Me / Some Of These Days / The Yankee Doodle Boy / Rock-A-Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody
- 11.Bei Mir Bist Du Schon (Means That Your're Grand)
- 12.Chim Chim Cher-Ee From "Mary Poppins"
- 13.Around The World From "Around The World In Eighty Days"
- 14.Theme From "A Summer Place"
- 15.Goldfinger From "Goldfinger"
- 16.Moon River From "Breakfast At Tiffany's"
- 17.Never On Sunday From "Never On Sunday"
- 18.More From "Mondo Cane"
- 19.The Song From Moulin Rouge (Where Is Your Heart) From "Moulin Rouge"
- 20.From Russia With Love From "Russia With Love"
- 21.Theme From "Harlow" From "Lonely Girl"
- 22.The Exodus Song From "Exodus"
- 23.Dear Heart From "Dear Heart"
2 LPs on 1 CD: LIVE AT THE COPA (w/ The Village Stompers) (1966)/DRIVE-IN MOVIE TIME (1965).
Originally released on Epic.
The two albums combined on this discount-priced reissue are quite different from each other, but they are similar in both being distinct from the bulk of Bobby Vinton's record releases. Programmed in reverse chronological order, Live at the Copa, recorded in June 1966, and Drive-In Movie Time, recorded in May and June 1965, represent different sides of Vinton that were not seen as frequently by his mass audience as his more familiar ballad-singing style, which brought him a string of hit records in the 1960s and '70s. Not surprisingly, neither of them made the charts. To take them in their correct order, Drive-In Movie Time is an album of screen songs no doubt prompted by Vinton's assignment to sing the theme song for the 1965 movie Harlow on the film's soundtrack. He assembled another 11 songs from movies of the late '50s and early '60s, and tried his hand. He is better at some than at others, notably negotiating the Henry Mancini melodies "Moon River" and "Dear Heart" well, but not "GoldFinger," a song that demands something more dramatic than his callow style. Also, some of the songs are better remembered for their melodies than for the lyrics written for them later, which occasionally makes hearing these vocal versions odd. Live at the Copa finds Vinton performing in an overtly show-business style, coming off more as an all-around entertainer than as the boyish singer of "Blue Velvet" and similar hits. He tells jokes, leads singalongs, and performs a wide range of material, from "Hava Nagila" to the patter song "Ya Got Trouble" from The Music Man. On his studio records, Vinton might come off as a soft rock balladeer, but Live at the Copa suggested that deep inside him beat the heart of a Rat Pack wannabe. ~ William Ruhlmann
Andy WilliamsDanny Boy / The Wonderful World of Andy Williams (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Bobby VintonTake Good Care of My Baby / I Love How You Love Me (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Andy WilliamsYou Lay So Easy On My Mind / The Other Side of Me (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Hullabaloo - The Best of Hullabaloo, Collection 1 (DVD)
$12.84 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 20,797
- UPC: 090431744123
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD)
$9.38 Super Savings
Pop Vocal: Classic Music Categories:
- Edie Adams There's So Much More (CD) ~ $9.36 LABOR DAY
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $8.27 LABOR DAY
- The Ames Brothers The Ames Brothers Sing the Best of the Bands (CD) ~ $11.70 LABOR DAY
- The Ames Brothers Hello Italy! / Knees Up! Mother Brown (And Other Funny Songs) (CD) ~ $9.33 LABOR DAY
- The Ames Brothers Together (2-CD) ~ $20.36 LABOR DAY
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY