- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 16, 2010
- Originally Released: 1953
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Wait a minute, wait a minute. You ain't heard nothin' yet!"
Description by OLDIES.com:
All his life he trained to be a cantor, but now Jerry Golding has other ideas. He wants to see his name up in lights on Broadway! Danny Thomas plays Jerry in this 1952 update of the 1927 movie landmark that introduced the Sound Era. Opposite Thomas is musical legend Peggy Lee. Both Thomas and Lee rarely appear in films, which makes this heart-tugging show business story even more exceptional.
A remake of the legendary Jolson story. Academy Award Nominations: Best Scoring of a Musical.
Danny Thomas stars in this remake of the popular 1927 landmark film.
A cantor's son risks his family's love when he gives up religious singing for a shot at Broadway stardom.
- This was singer Peggy Lee's film acting debut.
- Songs include: "South Pacific Islander", "Lover", "Just One of those Things", "This Is a Very Special Day", "Living the Life I Love", "Hear Music Now", "[I'm Looking Over a] Four Leaf Clover", "String Along With You" "Breezing Along", "Just to Be with You" and "Birth of the Blues".
Danny Thomas also delivers a version of "Kol Nidre", Jewish liturgical music.
This product is made-on-demand by the manufacturer using DVD-R recordable media.
Almost all DVD players can play DVD-Rs (except for some older models made before 2000) -
please consult your owner's manual for formats compatible with your player.
These DVD-Rs may not play on all computers or DVD player/recorders.
To address this, the manufacturer recommends viewing this product on a DVD player
that does not have recording capability.