The Fox (Widescreen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
Dennis, Dullea and Heywood portray the three sides of an incendiary triangle in this film that sparked controversy in its day and remains fascinating in ours. The Fox probes the mysteries of human relationships with maturity, subtlety and candor.
|You Save:||$3.60 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 18, 2009
- Originally Released: 1967
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Keir Dullea, Sandy Dennis & Anne Heywood|
|Directed by||Mark Rydell|
|Screenwriting by||Howard Koch, Lewis John Carlino & Howard W. Koch|
|Composition by||Lalo Schifrin|
|Director of Photography:||William A. Fraker|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Jill Banford and Ellen March have built a good life together on a hardscrabble Canadian farm. Then handsome Paul Grenfel enters their isolated world, and sets friend against friend. But is Paul the real trouble between Jill and Ellen? Or has his presence merely awakened the unspoken, unexplored sexual tension that always existed between the women? Sandy Dennis, Keir Dullea and Anne Heywood portray the three sides of an incendiary triangle in this breakthrough film that sparked controversy in its day and remains fascinating in ours. Based on a D.H. Lawrence novella and directed by Mark Rydell (On Golden Pond), The Fox probes the mysteries of human relationships with maturity, subtlety and candor.
Based on a novella by D.H. Lawrence, this drama concerns Jill (Sandy Dennis) and Ellen (Anne Heywood), a lesbian couple who live in a remote, snowbound cabin. While Ellen dominates the relationship, she has also grown dissatisfied and is no longer sure she wants to stay with Jill. When Paul (Keir Dullea), a handsome stranger, happens by, the women invite him in. Soon Paul and Ellen are having an affair, which leads to an ugly confrontation among all three. THE FOX won a Golden Globe Award as Best English Language Foreign Film of 1968 (it was made in Canada). Originally rated R in 1968, it was re-edited and rated PG in 1973.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)
$13.34 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Charlie Chan 3-Film Collection (The Red Dragon / The Feathered Serpent / The Sky Dragon) (2-Disc) (DVD-R) ~ $21.32 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Hal Roach's Early Pathe Comedies (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Dead End Kids Vs. Spies, Incorporated (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE