- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
- 1.The Most Beautiful Girl 300
- 2.Loves Me Like A Rock
- 3.Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
- 4.Paper Roses
- 5.Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- 6.Who's In The Strawberry Patch With Sally
- 7.The Way We Were
- 9.Beyond Tomorrow Love Theme From The Paramount Picture "Serpico"
- 10.Top Of The World
- 11.Medley: Dear Father / Be From The Motion Picture "Jonathan Livingston Seagull"
- 12.I'll Be With You In Apple Blossom Time
- 13.You Made Me Love You (I Didn't Want To Do It)
- 14.Don't Be That Way
- 15.When Mabel Comes In The Room From The Broadway Musical "Mack & Mabel"
- 16.White Silver Sands
- 17.The Entertainer
- 18.Chattanooga Choo Choo
- 19.In The Mood
- 20.Half As Much
- 21.It's A Sin To Tell A Lie
2 LPs on 1 CD: THE WAY WE WERE (1974)/THE HAPPY SOUND OF (1974).
Originally released on Columbia.
Liner Note Authors: Jack Gold; Ray Conniff.
Recording information: 11/26/1973-07/16/1974.
Arranger: Ray Conniff.
Arranger Ray Conniff's particular brand of easy listening maintained a dedicated fan base that was similar to Mitch Miller's. As arrangers, both Conniff and Miller were never shy about covering a quality song. It didn't matter who wrote it, what decade it came from, or what style of music it was. A good song is a good song. Case in point: Both of these Conniff albums were released around the same time in 1974 but spotlight popular tunes from two very different eras. The Happy Sound of Ray Conniff relies on standards from the '40s and '50s like "Chattanooga Choo Choo," "In the Mood," and "Half as Much," while The Way We Were includes then current hits of the early '70s by Paul Simon, Elton John, Helen Reddy, and Barbra Streisand. 22 tracks in all with over 60 minutes of music makes this an attractive package for fans. ~ Al Campbell