Robert Goulet Always You / Goulet Live
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Robert Goulet ~ Greatest Hits ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
- 1.The Lamp Is Low
- 2.And This Is My Beloved
- 3.You're Breaking My Heart
- 4.It's All In The Game
- 5.Full Moon And Empty Arms
- 6.The Breeze And I
- 7.Strange Music
- 8.Always You
- 10.The Things I Love
- 11.The Story Of A Starry Night
- 12.If You Are But A Dream
- 13.Wake Up
- 14.All Or Nothing At All
- 15.Lerner & Loewe Medley: They Call The Wind Maria / Gigi / Almost Like Being In Love
- 16.What Kind Of Fool Am I ?
- 17.Concentrate On One Thing At A Time
- 18.The Blues Are Marching In
- 19.Medley Of Old Songs: Old Songs Are Really Like Old Friends / My Melancholy Baby / It Had To Be You / When The Red, Red Robin / Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along / Lazy River
- 20.This Is All I Ask
- 23.If Ever I Would Leave You
2 LPs On 1 CD: ALWAYS YOU (1961)/IN PERSON (1963).
Originally released on Columbia.
Composer: Frank DeVol.
Liner Note Author: Ed Sullivan.
Recording information: Chicago Opera House.
Arrangers: Jerry Bresler; Sid Ramin.
This discount-priced two-fer reissue combines two albums Robert Goulet released originally on Columbia Records in the early '60s; Always You, Goulet's debut LP, appeared in 1961, and In Person, a live collection, was his fifth full-length disc in 1963. Goulet came to belated recognition with his featured role as Lancelot in the Broadway musical Camelot, but when he did he became a big star due to his dark good looks and powerful baritone. Columbia producer Frank DeVol took advantage of that voice on Always You, having Goulet record show tunes and old-time standards and bathing them all in string arrangements that the singer had no trouble dominating. At the time, that was more than enough to keep Always You in the charts for over a year, but 40 years later listeners may wish that the material held up as well as the vocalist, although "And This Is My Beloved" from Kismet and "It's All in the Game" have weathered the decades. The songs on In Person are even more noticeably a mixture of the good and mediocre. Goulet's act was written by Jerry Bresler and Lyn Duddy, who imposed a handful of their forgettable songs on him. Happily, they also left room for such standards as "All or Nothing at All," "Soliloquy" from Carousel, and a medley of Lerner & Loewe show tunes, including "Almost Like Being in Love." Goulet also sang his single "What Kind of Fool Am I?" and inevitably concluded with his Camelot signature song, "If Ever I Would Leave You." So, as a 76-minute Robert Goulet collection, this CD definitely has its moments, even though you have to wade through some less-than-memorable patches to hear them. ~ William Ruhlmann
Andy WilliamsDanny Boy / The Wonderful World of Andy Williams (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Vic DamoneThat Towering Feeling! / On The Swingin' Side (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 17,414
- UPC: 090431743126
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The CBS Television Specials: Live at Carnegie Hall/ Live at... (CD)(12)
$14.53 Super Savings
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. Bubblegum Christmas (CD) ~ $8.43 on SALE
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- The Ad-Libs Ad-Libs & Friends (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3