Percy Faith Born Free / The Windmills of Your Mind
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 19, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Percy Faith scored only a few films but made many albums of wonderful music from Hollywood, and here are two from 1967 and 1969. There is an interesting difference between these albums - "Born Free" was recorded in Los Angeles "as usual" for Faith's post-1960 albums, but for one album, "Windmills Of Your Mind," Percy returned to New York simply to work with the musicians there for a creative change. (Bill Halvorsen)
- 1.Georgy Girl
- 2.Somewhere My Love (Lara's Theme From "Dr. Zhivago")
- 3.A Man And A Woman
- 4.This Hotel
- 5.And We Were Lovers (Theme From "The Sand Pebbles")
- 6.The Wishing Doll
- 7.Born Free
- 8.This Is My Song
- 10.Song From "The Oscar"
- 11.A Time For Love
- 12.How Are Things In Glocca Morra?
- 13.Theme From "The Fox"
- 14.Funny Girl
- 15.The Windmills Of Your Mind
- 17.The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter
- 18.The Lion In Winter
- 19.Elvira's Theme
- 20.For Love Of Ivy
- 21.Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- 22.As Long As He Needs Me
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
2 LPs on 1 CD: BORN FREE (1967)/THE WINDMILLS OF YOUR MIND (1969).
Originally released on Columbia.
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
Recording information: 05/26/1965-03/05/1969.
Arranger: Percy Faith.
The two albums contained on this discount-priced two-fer each contain Percy Faith's arrangements of movie music of the 1960s. Born Free was originally titled The Academy Award Winner and Other Great Movie Themes when it appeared in the spring of 1967 because, while Faith had recorded all five of the 1966 Oscar nominees for best song on it, the LP was printed before the winner, "Born Free," had been announced. Windmills of Your Mind, in 1969, appeared after the Oscar ceremony, but it, too, featured all five of the year's nominees. Also included were themes that, while they might not have been "songs" in the Academy sense, were Oscar-worthy, such as "Somewhere My Love (Lara's Theme From 'Dr. Zhivago')," from Maurice Jarre's score, which won the 1965 original scoring award. There were also ringers, such as "How Are Things in Glocca Morra?," which had been written for Finian's Rainbow, the 1947 Broadway musical that didn't earn a film treatment until 1968. Faith featured his own work in "Song From 'The Oscar,'" taken from one of the handful of film scores he composed, and the curious "Elvira's Theme," actually a treatment of Mozart's "Piano Concerto in C-Major, K. 467," which had been featured in the 1967 film Elvira Madigan and which Faith disingenuously claimed a composing credit for. More than 30 years after the albums were recorded, some of the tunes remained familiar and enjoyable -- "Georgy Girl," "Somewhere My Love," "A Man and a Woman," "Born Free," "This Is My Song," "Alfie," "How Are Things in Glocca Morra?," "The Windmills of Your Mind," and "As Long As He Needs Me" (the last another ringer, from the stage musical Oliver!) -- while the rest were long forgotten. ~ William Ruhlmann
Percy FaithChinatown Featuring The Entertainer / Summer Place '76
$10.98 on SALE
Percy FaithThose Were The Days / Love Theme From "Romeo & Juliet"
$10.98 on SALE
Percy FaithToday's Themes For Young Lovers / For Those In Love
$9.98 on SALE
The Millennium's Greatest Hits, Volume 2 (Cassette)(2)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 3 (CD)(8)
$8.49 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 10,680
- UPC: 090431742822
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
What the World Needs Now: Burt Bacharach Classics (CD)(13)
$7.79 Super Savings
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. Bubblegum Christmas (CD) ~ $8.43 on SALE
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- The Ad-Libs Ad-Libs & Friends (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3