- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 2, 1999
- Originally Released: 1984
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"And what makes you think you can do that'" -- Roger Cobb (STEVE MARTIN)
"Because I'm rich."
- Edwina Cutwater (LILY TOMLIN)
"(I must be) picking up 'General Hospital' in my fillings."
- Roger Cobb (STEVE MARTIN) when he hears a woman's voice inside his head
"Needs you to set up a Bermuda corporation, so he can write off his honeymoon."
- Receptionist describing one of Roger Cobb's clients
New York Times - 09/21/1984
"Some things have to be seen to be believed, and the sensational teamwork of Steve Martin and Lily Tomlin is one of them. If this...doesn't have you in stiches, check your vital signs..."
Variety - 07/11/1984
"...Original.....Martin is given a great opportunity to show off his superb body language..."
Sight and Sound - 06/01/2000
"...[A] highly entertaining screwball comedy..."
Entertainment Weekly - 04/12/2013
"Martin offers some of the most impressive physical comedy of his career..." -- Grade: B+
A dying spinster tries to get a second chance at life by having her soul transported into the body of another woman. Her plan goes awry when her soul takes over the right side of a wacky male lawyer.
Switching Roles |
- Although he was awarded Best Actor by the New York Film Critics Circle and the National Society of Film Critics for this role, Steve Martin did not receive an Academy Award nomination. Martin remarked: "I would have turned handsprings to have gotten nominated for 'All of Me.'"
- Additional cast: Peggy Feury (Dr. Betty Ahrens).