- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 10, 2006
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: Fox Searchlight
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Keep Case - Checkpoint, Lenticular O-Ring, Sensormatic
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen
Additional Release Material:
- Alternate Scenes - Deleted Scenes (5)
- Audio Commentary:
Featurettes - "It Runs In The Family" (Parts 1-6)
Trailers - Original Theatrical Trailer
- Tobe Hooper - Director; David Gregory - Documentary Director
- Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams - Stars; Tom Savini - Special Effects Creator
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 08/20/1986
"...A vision at once ghastly and hilarious....Director Tobe Hooper is back on the Texas turf he knows best and proves there are still a few thrills and chills left to be found.."
Sight and Sound - 11/01/2001
"...Caroline Williams as Stretch is a winning heroine..."
Los Angeles Times - 08/23/1986
"...This is one horror movie that delivers the goods -- and then some....It's done with such style and energy, such bursts of red-hot invention and anarchic, madly irreverent satire that sometimes it almost scorches you out of your seat..."
In this sequel, Hopper plays a man determined to avenge his murdered family by hunting down Leatherface and his brethren. His trail leads him to caverns of death where victims are the ingredients in a nightmarish enterprise. After ten years of silence, the buzz is back. Sequel: "Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3."
Description by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment:
From the director of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, this ghastly and hilarious (Variety) sequel descends into your deepest, darkest fears as a wacked-out lawman goes after human meat-cutters with his own high-octane chainsaws in a horrific showdown with the legendary leatherface and his entire cannibalistic family. For 14 years, former Texas Ranger Lefty Enright (Oscar® nominee* Dennis Hopper, Hoosiers) has been obsessed with finding the psychotic mass-murderers who killed his brother's children. And today he's in luck. A tough as nails late-night disc jockey (Caroline Williams, Days of Thunder) has caught the ghouls on tape in the act of slicing and dicing a couple of fun-loving rich kids. When she volunteers to help, Lefty persuades her to play the tape on-air to lure the maniacs out of hiding. But what she doesn't know is that she's the only witness to this diabolical family's butchery who hasn't been carved up for somebody's supper just yet!
A tongue-in-cheek sequel to the 1975 splatter classic. Dennis Hopper stars as a Texas Ranger seeking revenge on the murderous, chainsaw-wielding clan who dismembered several members of his family in the first flick. Body parts and self-referential jokes fly, as the crazed lawman (he's almost as wacked as the villians he's stalking) heads toward the final, blood-soaked showdown.
Black Comedy |
Theatrical Release |
- Locations included the Cut-Rite Chainsaw Store and Austin American Statesman Newspaper building in downtown Austin, Texas, and the Prairie Dell Amusement Park north of Austin, Texas. Shot in TVC color and Todd-AO.
- Began shooting May 5, 1986; completed shooting prior to July 4, 1986. Released in the USA August 22, 1986.
- Additional credits: modelmaker, Tobe Hooper; special effects technical adviser, Eddie Surkin.
- The Elite Entertainment CLV laserdisc (Cat. #EE-8622) contains a digital transfer of the film struck from a 35mm intermediate positive, a brief column of copy, a short credit stack on the jacket, and 10 minutes of raw sound-effects-less deleted scenes at the end of Side 2.