- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: November 15, 2005
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Surround Sound - English
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioning
- Subtitles - English, French - Optional
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 05/27/1988
"...[The filmmakers] have such a light, dry comic touch that the movie seems to be dreaming itself up as it goes along. It has the snappy opportunism of a good silent comedy -- and a similar delight in colorful gadgetry and eccentrics..."
Follow the lives of Rikky, a talented geologist and her brother Pete, an off-the-wall mechanical genius. To find peace of mind they travel to the outbacks of Australia and meet up with a desert mining town full of zany individualists.
In Australia, Rikky is a researcher and frustrated country-western songstress. Her brother Pete creates wacky, gadgety contraptions, and is being sought by a revenge-seeking cop. When the siblings decide to move, they end up in a small community, where they unexpectedly become very wealthy! However, the lives of Rikky and Pete are about to turn upside-down a few more times...
Small Town Life |