- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 6, 2001
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Fox Searchlight
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.66
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.66
- Additional Release Material:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
The commander of a team of the elite Navy SEALs discovers that a fanatical Arab terrorist is holding American stinger missiles. After a Pentagon debriefing, he is ordered to return to retrieve the missiles and to stop the terrorist leader who knows his secret is out.
An elite naval attack group known as "Seals," embarks upon a mission to rescue captives being held in the Middle East. Once there, they stumble upon important information: the terrorists have gotten hold of hand-held nuclear weapons, and they're planning to launch an attack. Now, with the help of a half-Lebanese TV reporter, the unit must make sure they find those weapons before it's too late.
Theatrical Release |
- Budget estimate $20 million.
- Shot on location in Virginia Beach, Virginia and Cartagena, Spain. Color by Technicolor.
- Began shooting September 18, 1989; Released in USA July 20, 1990.
- The Navy SEALS, which stands for SEa, Air, and Land, is an elite naval commando unit formed under the JFK administration in the early 1960s.
- Joanne Whalley-Kilmer's wardrobe was designed by Giorgio Armani.
- Rated BBFC 15.