- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 6, 2001
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - French
- Additional Release Material:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 02/17/1989
"...Manages to be lighthearted without being soft in the head....Successively witty, romantic, simple and pretty..."
USA Today - 02/17/1989
"...[The actors are] photographed attractively..."
Los Angeles Times - 03/17/1989
"...Fun....The movie sparkles with playful tension, bubbles with amiability....The filmmakers and cast seem to be enjoying themselves..."
On an unidentified Caribbean island, police chief Xavier Quinn is investigating the murder of a white businessman. His childhood friend Maubee is the chief suspect, but Quinn believes in his innocence. Adding to the pressure, the powers-that-be on the island want the case closed as soon as possible.
Murder Investigations |
Murder Mysteries |
- Shot in Port Antonio, Jamaica; color by Continental.
- Filming began March 14, 1988.
- Estimated budget $13 million.
- The title of the film comes from a Bob Dylan song called "The Mighty Quinn."
- Released in New York City February 17, 1989 and in Los Angeles March 17, 1989. Released on video November 22, 1989.
- Reviewed in the New York Times February 17, 1989 and Monthly Film Bulletin July 1989.
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Censors.