- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 4, 2002
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 08/25/1990
"...A good-natured lowbrow farce....Played with spirit by the two real-life brothers..."
Los Angeles Times - 08/27/1990
"...A pleasant, knockabout comedy....It is fresh, inventive and has very few moments when it's not generating laughs..."
In a small, casual beachside community, two garbagemen dream of opening a surf shop. But one day, when their load of trash contains the body of the murdered city councilman, their whole world is turned upside down as the greedy, murderous executive, whose company has been dumping toxic waste into the ocean, attempts to make trash out of them too.
Brat-pack auteur Emilio Estevez directs himself and his brother Charlie Sheen in this environmentally conscious comedy.
Carl and James are two sanitation engineers who enjoy pulling excrement-themed pranks on coworkers and dream of opening their very own surfing goods store. In the meantime, they're happy just to guzzle beers and play Trivial Pursuit.
Then one day, while emptying a typical garbage can, they dump out a dead political candidate. And the more they learn about this stiff, the more trouble they're in -- especially after they uncover an illegal toxic waste disposal plot.
Now Carl and James must decide whether to contact the authorities or abandon the corpse and go catch some waves.
- This is the first film to feature thespian siblings Emilio Estevez and Charlie Sheen.
- An Epic/Elwes/Euphoria production.
- Color by DeLuxe. Recorded in Ultra-Stereo sound.