- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 9, 2001
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital - English
- Dolby Digital - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 01/21/1993
"...[Pfeiffer] weaves magic in a portrayal of striking grace notes..."
USA Today - 12/11/1992
"...Pfeiffer gets everything out of the role..."
Entertainment Weekly - 02/12/1993
"...LOVE FIELD is earnest, compassionate, [and] smoothly directed..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 02/19/1993
"...There are real qualities to this movie, not least Michelle Pfeiffer's performance....The Haysbert character is also carefully drawn..."
A hairdresser who models herself after Jackie Kennedy travels to Washington after the death of JFK. On the bus, she discovers some unsettling things about a man and a girl he claims is his daughter and realizes she must take action. Academy Award Nominations: Best Actress--Michelle Pfeiffer.
A white woman who is obsessed with Jackie Kennedy goes to see the president's motorcade when it comes to Dallas on that fateful day in November 1963. She relates so deeply to the first lady that she decides to take a pilgrimage to Washington, DC to attend JFK's funeral. Onboard the bus from Dallas to Washington she meets a black southern man travelling with his little daughter and a revealing friendship ensues.
Theatrical Release |
- Title is taken from the Dallas airfield where Kennedy arrived the day of his assassination.
- Dennis Haysbert's character was originally intended for Denzel Washington.
- Filmed in Wilson and Rocky Mount, North Carolina, and Richmond, Virginia, in Technicolor; prints by DeLuxe.
- Stock footage provided by Filmbank, Inc. Titles and opticals by Pacific Title.