- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 26, 1998
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada) Encoding
Special Features: Contains an Additional 15 Minutes of Footage Not Shown in Theatres, 8-Page Booklet Featuring Trivia, Production Notes And A Revealing Look At The Making of The Film, Original Theatrical Trailer.
Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A moody, quite violent sci-fi thriller about vampires from outer space who prey on the denizens of London. Based on Colin Wilson's novel "Space Vampires." The expanded foreign version contains an extra sixteen minutes of footage.
When alien vampires terrorize London, it's up to a determined police inspector and an astronaut to stop them.
American and British space travelers discover humanoids while exploring near Halley's Comet. The astronauts bring three of these aliens aboard their spaceship and head back to earth. However, their guests turn out to be evil vampires who kill all but one of the astronauts -- Carlsen.
After the ship arrives in London, the monsters -- led by a beautiful female -- escape and wreak havoc throughout the city, transforming humans into zombies.
Meanwhile, the surviving astronaut and Caine, a determined police inspector, frantically try to track down the creatures, and destroy them. But the "Space Girl" has a strange hold over Carlsen, and he has trouble fighting the urge to join her.
Can Carlsen overcome the alien's mysterious powers and help Caine stop the fiends before London and the rest of the planet are destroyed'
- Additional cast: Nicholas Ball (Derebridge) and John Keegan (Guard).
- Additional credits: Michael Morris (makeup).
- Shot in J-D-C Widescreen and Dunton vision. Color by Rank.
- The film's budget was approximately $22,500,000.
- Released theatrically in USA on June 21, 1985.
- DVD Special Features: Trivia and Production Notes and Theatrical Trailer