- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 5, 2005
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 03/15/1987
"...[Most interesting in] its political perspective....Amiable..."
Los Angeles Times - 10/14/1987
"...It becomes suffused with a precisely caught mood of bittersweet reverie. It's a very touching film..."
In 1950's Yugoslavia, a group of teenagers rebel against the oppressive Communist party that has stripped their upper middle class parents of their wealth, liberty and basic necessities like medicine. The kids worship American jazz, American jeans, and American radio; hate whatever comes from Russia; and explore life, love and sexuality. But the realities of Socialist living place a heavy burden of the friends. And when Esther (the group's only girl) finds out that she is pregnant, the boys try to figure out who is the father.
- Director Jovan Acin based the screenplay on his own memories, and on those of Peter Jankovic and George Zecevic, the film's executive producers.
The film is subtitled in yellow for easy legibility.