- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 19 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: December 2, 2003
- Originally Released: 1948
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 11/15/1996
"...Memorable....Engrossing..." -- Rating: B+
USA Today - 09/03/1993
"...A famous 'B' about an L.A. cop killer..."
A burglar becomes a cold-blooded cop killer and is hunted down on the streets of Los Angeles. The men in blue manage to track their suspect down into the bowels of the city--the labyrinth sewer system. Noir veteran Anthony Mann, though uncredited, co-directed the film. Well-done and supposedly an inspiration for Jack Webb's Dragnet TV series.
Film Noir |
Theatrical Release |
- This police thriller was the inspiration for cast member Jack Webb's classic TV show "Dragnet." The film even includes this famous line: "The names have been changed to protect the innocent."