- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 17, 2009
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - Spanish, French
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 06/05/1995
"...A charming, positive message story about love of life in whatever form it assumes..."
When a successful young family man is killed in a car crash, he starts over again--as a dog! He wags his way back into his old life and family, only to find things aren't quite the same now that he's a canine. Based on the novel by James Herbert.
When business partners Thomas Johnson and Jeff Newman decide to drag race, their foolish competition comes to a tragic end when Thomas dies in a car accident. However, Thomas curiously awakens not in heaven, but as a mixed-breed puppy on Earth. After being renamed Fluke, the reincarnated Thomas paws the city looking for affection -- especially from his former wife and child who see him as nothing more than a dirty pooch.
Family Interaction |
- Fluke, the golden retriever, also stars as Comet on the ABC television series, "Full House."
- There are two versions of this film, one rated MPAA PG and a new edited version that is rated MPAA G.