- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 27, 2002
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 04/14/1989
"...Ghoulish fun and games in which [Perkins] gives a good, funny, if somewhat lopsided, performance..."
Los Angeles Times - 04/14/1989
"...Elegant....Anthony Perkins brings just the right degree of tongue-in-cheekery to his dual role..."
The respected physician Henry Jekyll has been experimenting with cocaine which unleashes his alter ego, the uncontrollable Jack Hyde. Under the drug's powerful influence, Hyde has perverted nightmares and explodes in a killing spree.
A variation on the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde story. A good doctor's addiction to cocaine begins to rip his psyche in two. As the hyped-up Mr. Hyde, he stalks and slashes beautiful prostitutes.
Mad Doctor |
Substance Abuse |
Switching Roles |