- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 26, 2001
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 04/25/1986
"...Haphazard lives [observed] with a hopefulness that's genuinely funny....[Dey, Hulce and Bowen] are winning performers..."
Variety - 09/11/1985
"...[Dey gives] a first-class performance in a role cut snugly to her talent..."
Los Angeles Times - 03/28/1986
"...A warming, small film, a humane and buoyant look at the friendship of three very different people....As endearing as its characters..."
A film that focuses on a struggling actress who tends bar, delivers stripper-grams and rents rooms to an insecure musician and a professional body builder. All three ambitiously pursue their dream of making it big while looking for love as Los Angeles singles in the 80's.
An Austrian body-builder, a quirky songwriter and an aspiring actress share a duplex apartment in a neglected section of East Los Angeles. These three people may have very different goals but they share dreams of fame and fortune.