- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 20, 2004
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Mono - Spanish
- Stereo Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 05/09/1992
"...Deeply touching and tough-minded....The film doesn't flinch from the pain and anger [of its subject]..."
Los Angeles Times - 05/11/1992
"...A small, movingly done human story....There are striking moments throughout..."
After being abandoned by her shell-shocked Vietnam vet husband, Tracy Cross (Goldie Hawn) struggles to bring up her 12-year-old son and recreate their happy family life they once had together. Hawn delivers a deeply affecting performance in this touching drama.
It's 1969, and a lonely 12-year-old boy desperately misses his father, who deserted the family. Now, with no other means of support, his mother must wait tables and work as a stripper. The boy desperately wants to free her from this sordid life, and he sees just one way to do it: through drug-trafficking. But he soon learns that he's in over his head, and only his mother's strength and his own determination can save them from the drug dealers.
Family Interaction |
Personal Triumph |
- Additional cast members include Christy Martin (Termina); Damian Vantriglia (Buggs); Derrick Velez (Cruz); John Nesci (Connie); Tim Settimi (Mr. Sivil); Brother Paul Johnson (Brother Timothy); Ronald Cellilo (Eggs Over Easy); Gregory Wolf (Carrot Eater) and Ray Bastenero (Truck Driver).
- This is a Hawn/Sylbert Movie Company production.
- Color by Technicolor.