- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 16, 2003
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Stereo Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes (Optional Commentary)
- Audio Commentary: James Woods - Star, Harold Becker - Director
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 12/23/1988
"...A picture of a very ephemeral kind of Southern California culture....[Young and Woods are] effective..."
Los Angeles Times - 12/23/1988
"...Woods does build the performance, keeps driving it higher....Director Harold Becker has a real flair for contemporary urban realism..."
A real estate developer living the good life is crushed when the economy bottoms out. To keep going he turns to a friend for a "Boost," but the boost turns out to be cocaine and he begins losing control of his life.
When Lenny Brown is recruited to go to Los Angeles and hustle real estate, he jumps at the opportunity -- especially since it will give him enough money to keep him in cocaine. But when Congress looks into changing the tax laws that got his company rich, a nervous Lenny makes off with the result: no more employment and no more money for coke. So Lenny steals $20,000 from his boss, and moves to Santa Cruz for self-imposed detox. However, the plan fails miserably when his dealer stops by to party and Lenny just can't keep his hands off of the drug.
Love Story |
Road To Ruin |
Substance Abuse |
- A Becker/Blatt/Ponicsan production.