- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 7, 2009
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
- DSS 5.1 - English, French
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioning
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "Beauty Shop: Inside the Style"
- Outtakes: Gag Reel
- Audio Commentary: Select Scenes with Bille Woodruff - Director
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 04/01/2005
"Many of the best moments go to a perma-tanned Kevin Bacon, in a bizarre but funny turn as Jorge..."
New York Times - 03/30/2005
"BEAUTY SHOP extends the popular BARBERSHOP franchise to Atlanta and provides a sassy feminine counterpart to its cozy men's-club vibe....Anchored in Queen Latifah's charisma..."
Los Angeles Times - 03/30/2005
"With a zingy script and a diverting ensemble cast, director Bille Woodruff turns BEAUTY SHOP into a highly entertaining and at times thoughtful treat."
USA Today - 03/30/2005
"Jorge is played with perfect comic timing by Kevin Bacon..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 03/30/2005
"Queen Latifah exudes a quiet confidence that sort of hugs the movie, making it feel warmer than the BARBERSHOP films..."
Uncut - 05/01/2005
"[A] high-spirited, sometimes witty farce with a splash of follow-your-dreams romance."
- Theatrical Release: April 1, 2005