- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 52 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 7, 2009
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English, French
- Dolby Digital Mono - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 10/07/1987
"...It's funny and it's liable to hit home....[Keaton makes] the performance a delight..."
When J.C. Wiatt, a total workaholic in charge of her life and career, inherits a 13-month-old baby girl, she finds her life is no longer her own. Fleeing the city and moving to the country, J.C. and Elizabeth market their own applesauce, which becomes a nationwide success. But do they return to the fast track or not'
A shrewd and successful businesswoman has her world turned upside down when she inherits a demanding and unwanted little bundle of joy from a cousin who has died. Initially she resists this intrusion into her selfish lifestyle, but it isn't long before her maternal instincts rise to the surface and she drops out of the Manhattan rat race. Starting over in rustic Vermont, she learns to become a better person and a decent mother. But she still pursues the yuppie dream of having it all and eventually reenters the business world by creating and marketing her own baby food with guess-who's picture on the bottle. The only thing missing from her life now is a good man, but that can't last for long--not with Sam Shepard hanging around.
- Shot on location in Los Angeles, New York City and Manchester, Vermont, in Movielab color, using Panavision equipment. Filming began on November 5, 1986; completed February 3, 1987.
- Estimated budget: $15 million.
- Coproduced by Baby Boom Productions.
- Shown at the 1987 Toronto Festival of Festivals.
- The baby Elizabeth is played by twins Kristina and Michelle Kennedy.
- Additional credits: David Greene (additional photography), G. Mac Brown (2nd unit production manager), Gemini (titles), and Pacific Title (opticals).
- Film is dedicated: "For Annie."