- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 44 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 14, 1999
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Dolby Digital Stereo Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menus
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Filmographies: Cast & Crew
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 11/01/1994
"...ROCKY director John Avildsen skillfully captures the golden sunscapes and bull-riding action..."
New York Times - 02/25/1994
"...Viscerally gripping....[Directed with] narrative exuberance....[A] strong, persuasive portrayal of Lane by [Perry]..."
Variety - 02/14/1994
"...Sweet....Baldwin again registers strongly..."
Director John G. Avildsen's 8 SECONDS is the true story of the meteoric rise and all-too-brief career of Lane Frost, the youngest national champion bull rider in history. Luke Perry stars as Lane, a shy but popular young bareback rodeo rider whose gutsy determination catapults him to stardom. As Lane gains a winning reputation, he meets and falls in love with Kellie (Cynthia Geary), a spirited, beautiful young horsewoman. After a passionate courtship, the two young rodeo riders get married. Kellie looks after Lane and sacrifices her own freedom to be his devoted wife, but the pressures of Lane's career soon take their toll. Kellie is often left alone while Lane continues to ride the circuit with his longtime friends and competitors, including three-time rodeo champion Tuff Hedeman (Stephen Baldwin). Lane faces his ultimate challenge attempting to ride Red Rock, a dangerous bull known for fatally injuring his riders. Perry gives a fine performance in this gutsy and inspirational tale of a real-life rodeo hero, set to a swinging country-western soundtrack featuring Vince Gill and Brooks & Dunn, among others.
8 SECONDS is based on the true story of Lane Frost, who became the youngest rider ever to be nominated into the Rodeo Hall of Fame.
Love Story |
Theatrical Release |
- The film's title refers to the minimum time a cowboy has to stay on a bull in competition.
- Stunt coordination by Mike McGaughy.