- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 1, 2007
- Originally Released: 1982
- Label: Rhino Theatrical
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentary: Charlie Ahearn - Director
- "Bongo Barbershop"
- "WILD STYLE 25th Anniversary Reunion"
- "WILD STYLE 20th Anniversary Amphitheater Jam"
- "Busy on the Beach"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 04/27/1983
"...WILD STYLE succeeds admirably....Ahearn clearly admires his subjects..."
Total Film - 11/01/2007
4 stars out of 5 -- "Charlie Ahearn's celebrated hip-hop docu-drama is still the most authentic account of the creative crucible in late '70s/early '80s South Bronx."
A graffiti "tagger" taken under the wing of an East Village art collector prepares for a festival of rap and hip-hop music. This film details the early 1980's cultural turning point which occurred in the South Bronx, New York, at which time Old School hip-hop was first crystallizing. A fairly authentic document of the early '80s South Bronx rap scene, with a soundtrack featuring Grandmaster Flash, Busy Bee, and co-star Fab 5 Freddy.