- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 26, 2007
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: Vci Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"We think highly of your criminal genius. Let's use evil means to handle the evil."
- Policeman to Kidstuff (Sammo Hung)
Because the success of the first LUCKY STARS film (WINNERS AND SINNERS) had a lot to do with the Japanese market, the second film in the series takes place in the land of the rising sun and features Michiko Nishiwaki, the Japanese female bodybuilder. Jackie Chan plays an undercover cop who solicits the help of his gang of childhood friends--the five Lucky Stars, each of whom specializes in petty crimes and minor mishaps--to help him catch Japanese gangsters. Dough-faced Eric Tsang replaces John Sham as one of the Lucky Stars, while Sibelle Hu plays the femme du jour and the object of the Lucky Stars' lust. The film features several notable fights, including a surreal sequence in which Chan rumbles in an outlandish amusement park costume; in another memorable fight, director Sammo Hung battles in a yellow jumpsuit, à la Bruce Lee's GAME OF DEATH. The fantastic showdown at a haunted house attraction pits the Lucky Stars against a stellar cast of opponents: Hu versus Nishiwaki, Hung versus Lau Kar-wing, Yuen Biao versus Lam Ching-ying, and Chan versus Dick Wei.
Description by VCI Home Enteraintment:
Two Hong Kong cops are sent to Tokyo to catch an ex-cop who stole a large quantity of diamonds. After one of them is captured by the ninja gang protecting the rogue cop, the other cop (Jackie Chan) gets his old orphanage gang to help him.
An undercover cop on the trail of a crooked colleague solicits the help of his gang of childhood friends.
- WINNERS AND SINNERS was released as FIVE LUCKY STARS in Japan, where the film did well. The success of the film inspired the loose sequel, MY LUCKY STARS.
- Michiko Nishiwaki's scene in which she strips to reveal her muscular, toned body parallels a similar scene she has in GOD OF GAMBLERS.