- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: May 13, 2008
- Originally Released: 1955
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 04/15/1992
"...A pleasing lark....TRAP's hangover scene is the funniest I've ever seen on screen..." -- 3 1/2 out of 4 stars
A very content bachelor meets his match in an innocent young actress who attempts to "Trap" him into marriage. Academy Award Nominations: Best Song ("Love Is The Tender Trap".)
Theatrical agent Charlie Reader lives a dreamy bachelor existence on Sutton Place -- he throws parties for sophisticates and has access to a bevy of beautiful women. One such woman is Julie, who has already set a marriage date for herself even though she doesn't have a beau. And, unbeknownst to Charlie, she has cast her net for him. Will Charlie wind up caught in the tender trap of marriage'
- Shot in CinemaScope; color by Eastmancolor.
- Play was presented on the New York stage by Clinton Wilder.
- Additional cast: Jarma Lewis (Jessica), Joey Faye (Sol Z. Steiner), Marc Wilder (Ballet-Actor), and Jack Boyle (Audition Dancer).