- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: May 13, 2008
- Originally Released: 1955
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 06/01/2002
"...Hollywood hokum at its most magically, glossily simple -- watch it and be happy to the tips of your toes..."
Porter adds the tunes and Sinatra adds the ring-a-ding to this swinging musical remake of The Philadelphia Story. A prim socialite (Kelly in her last role before becoming Her Serene Highness) finds herself in a the middle of a comic mess when her ex-husband (Crosby) and an amorous reporter (Sinatra) come to cover the preparations for her upcoming wedding. Adding to the tension is her skirt-chasing father, who's also returned home for the ceremony. The resulting confusion--and several potent drinks--melt the ice princess's frosty exterior. It isn't long before she sees through her society-climbing fiancee, and warms up again to her crooning jazz musician ex-husband. Rare chance to see rivals Crosby and Sinatra together. Includes such hit numbers as "True Love," "You're Sensational," and "Did You Evah." Academy Award Nominations: 3, including Best Motion Picture Story.
- Grace Kelly made her final screen acting appearance in "High Society."
- Film is a musical remake of "The Philadelphia Story."
- Shot in VistaVision; Perspecta Sound; color by Technicolor.