- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 12, 2002
- Originally Released: 1974
- Label: Henstooth Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Surround - Italian
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus: Chapter Search
Performers, Cast and Crew:
This comedy follows the plight of Nino, a hard-working immigrant from southern Italy who leaves his homeland behind to make a living in Switzerland.
However, Nino quickly learns that life in his new country won't be easy. The rich members of Swiss society look down upon the poorer newcomers, and there are barely enough jobs for the many emigrants who need one. However, Nino manages to find work as a waiter at a classy hotel and desperately attempts to adjust to the alien Swiss ways.
He encounters a roadblock when he becomes the chief suspect in the brutal murder of a child. Soon, he's unemployed as well. But the bumbling Nino remains ever hopeful as he drifts from one menial job to another.
- Released theatrically in New York City on July 14, 1978.
- A Verona Cinematografica production.
- Color by Eastmancolor.
- Additional cast: Johnny Dorelli (Italian Millionaire); Paolo Turco (Commis); Ugo d'Alessio (Old Man); Federico Sorobogna (Grigory); Gianfranco Barra (The Turk); Giorgio Cerioni (Police Inspector); Max Delys (Renzo); Francesco D'Adda (Rudiger); Geoffrey Copplestone (Boegli); Umberto Raho (Maitre); Nelide Giammarco (The Blonde); and Manfred Freyberger (Sporting Swiss).