Danny Kaye: The Goldwyn Years 4-Film Collection (4-Disc)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
|You Save:||$9.61 (20% Off)|
- ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 1.37:1
- Number of Discs: 4
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 7 hours, 9 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: November 12, 2013
- Originally Released: 1944
- Label: Warner Bros.
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Edited by||Daniel Mandell|
|Produced by||Samuel Goldwyn|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Kaye makes his feature film debut alongside Dinah Shore in Up in Arms (1944) as a hypochondriac war hero.
Virginia Mayo gets paired with Kaye for the first time in Wonder Man (1945), which features one of his signature cinema schticks -- multiple roles in the same film. Kaye plays twins with a twist: one of them is a ghost!
The Kid from Brooklyn (1946) sees Kaye playing a milquetoast milkman who masters the squared circle and romances a nightclub nightingale (Virginia Mayo).
A Song is Born (1948) sees Howard Hawks re-envisioning his classic Ball of Fire as a superstar jazz musical, with Kaye in the Gary Cooper role and Mayo in the Barbara Stanwyck role as the moll who sweeps several professors off their feet.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s, 30s and 40s - Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Ultra-Rare Pre-Code Comedies, Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Blondes and Redheads: Lost Comedy Classics, Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Rediscovered Comedies of Edgar Kennedy, Volume 4 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Ultra-Rare Pre-Code Comedies (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE