- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 12, 2009
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- 2-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround - Spanish, French
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioned
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "Sergio Donati Remembers DUCK, YOU SUCKER"
- Clips/Highlights - "Location Comparisons"
- Audio Commentary: Sir Christopher Frayling - Film Historian
- Behind the Scenes:
- "Sorting Out The Versions"
- "Restoration, Italian Style"
- "The Myth Of Revolution"
- "Once Upon A Time In Italy"
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Radio Spots (6)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Uncut - 05/01/2005
"[In an] inspired piece of casting....Leone took Rod Steiger and James Coburn and made them, respectively, an impassioned Mexican revolutionary and a cerebral IRA man in exile."
Sight and Sound - 06/01/2005
"[T]his is Leone at his most overtly political....[With] many bravura moments..."
Sergio Leone, famous for his "spaghetti westerns," directed this humorous tale about an Irish terrorist obsessed with explosives who teams up with a down-to-earth peasant during the Mexican Revolution. A FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE (aka DUCK, YOU SUCKER) stars James Coburn and Rod Steiger.
An apolitical bandit plotting a bank job meets an explosives expert haunted by memories of his participation in the Irish Rebellion. The two join forces, and together they get drawn into the Mexican revolution.
Spaghetti Western |
- The movie was filmed in the deserts of Spain.