- Released: July 21, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Varese Sarabande
- 1.Glory of Love, song
- 2.Orphan, theme from the film score
- 3.Orphan, film score: Suite for Jessica and Max
- 4.Orphan, film score: Opening / Labor of Love
- 5.Orphan, film score: Not Your Average 9-Year-Old
- 6.Orphan, film score: Silent Story / Max's Theme
- 7.Orphan, film score: Saint Marianas
- 8.Orphan, film score: Destroying the Evidence
- 9.Orphan, film score: Painting a Story / Esther Comes Home
- 10.Orphan, film score: Something Nice
- 11.Orphan, film score: Wet the Bed / Black Light
- 12.Orphan, film score: Snooping
- 13.Orphan, film score: Finishing the Job
- 14.Orphan, film score: Finding Max
- 15.Orphan, film score: The Cold Shoulder
- 16.Glory of Love, song
- 17.Orphan's Revenge, theme from the film score "Orphan" - (featuring Mark Sayfritz / John Ottman)
- 18.Glory of Love, song
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Krystle Warren, Jimmy Durante (vocals); Ruben Panini (piano).
Audio Mixer: Larry Mah.
Recording information: Studio X, Seattle, WA (05/02/2009-05/05/2009).
Producer Joel Silver enlisted veteran film composer John Ottman to score Jaume Serra's film Orphan. The pair has worked together before on House of Wax. Interestingly, since the film is a very psychological and nightmarish drama -- one would hesitate to call it a "horror" film in the vernacular sense of the word, the score presented some interesting, and more than likely compelling puzzles for Ottman. For budgetary reasons it seems, instead of merely an orchestral score he used the heavy presence of synthesizers. These cues are threaded with them but never feel overwhelmed. The feel from the opening moments of this score is uncomfortable yet oddly seductive. There are no overly swelling cues that beat you over the head until you submit to the obvious. The music is far more suggestive and evocative than this. The cues shimmer and twist, they can turn suddenly and leave the listener a bit disoriented, but always wanting to hear more. Apparently the composer never intended the music for Orphan to be a conventional CD release, but the studio powers that be insisted and they were right. This is a stand-up piece of music all on its own. ~ Thom Jurek
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 51,998
- UPC: 030206698121
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item